Treat Sleep Apnea without a Mask
Century ENT is proud to offer Inspire Therapy, a new treatment option for patients with obstructive sleep apnea. This innovative solution can offer relief to sleep apnea sufferers who cannot tolerate CPAP.
Inspire is the only FDA-approved obstructive sleep apnea treatment that works inside your body to treat the root cause of sleep apnea. It’s a small device placed during a same-day, outpatient procedure.
How Inspire Therapy Works
Inspire delivers mild stimulation to key airway muscles, allowing the airway to open during sleep. You simply turn Inspire on with a handheld remote before bed. Throughout the night, the device continually monitors your breathing patterns, issuing stimulation as needed. When you wake up, you use the remote to turn off the therapy.
Additionally, you can use the remote to pause therapy during the night if needed and increase/decrease therapy settings.
Inspire Therapy Might be Right for You
You may be a candidate for Inspire if:
- You have moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
- You are unable to use or get consistent benefits of CPAP.
- You are not significantly obese.
- You are over the age of 18.
- Your doctor will also evaluate your overall health status and perform a physical examination of your airway to determine if Inspire therapy might be a suitable alternative for you.